Other Commercial Debt Services
We believe in free commercial debt recovery services. Veritas Legal free debt recovery uses the powers of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998

Issuing a County Court Claim

In our experience 94% of debts are paid upon receipt of our letters and follow up telephone chasing service, thus avoiding the need to litigate at all.

Even if legal proceedings are required, we will issue those for you at The County Court Money Claim Centre in Salford, which is where all County Court Claims are centrally lodged.

Entering Judgment

The Defendant has 14 days following service of the Claim Form on them to do one of several things:-

Admit the debt and pay in full
Admit the debt and offer to pay by instalments
Acknowledge the Claim Form extending the time for filing a defence to 28 days following the date of service of the Claim Form
File a Defence – to all or part of the Claim
All of the above eventualities can be dealt with by Veritas Legal on your behalf.

Enforcing Judgment

At each and every stage of the recovery process, we have been reminding your debtor of the existence of your debt and requesting its early settlement.

Even though you have now entered Judgment this in itself is no guarantee of you getting paid. Whilst it is one step closer to achieving that goal, it is now necessary to make an informed decision as to how best to secure payment.

There are several options available, which are summarised below. More information can be found at the HM Courts Service website.

Instructing a County Court bailiff under a Warrant of Control to remove goods belonging to your debtor.

Instructing a High Court Enforcement Officer under a Writ of Control for judgment debts over £600. Highly effective method of enforcement as seen on TV programmes such as “Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away!”

Taking a Charging Order over an asset owned by the debtor, usually the home they live in or another property that they own.

Freezing a bank account in the debtor’s name to obtain a Third Party Debt Order. The bank account must be in credit for this to be successful.

Stopping money from the debtor’s wages under an Attachment of Earnings Order. The debtor’s employer takes money from their wages at source and pays it directly to you and not the employee.

Whilst not an enforcement process as such, you can also apply to the Court for an Order to Obtain Information, which will give you more information about the debotr and how best to enforce Judgment after their financial means have been subject to an examination by an Officer of the County Court.

If you already hold a Judgment against someone and it is no more than 6 years old, please contact us and we will take action on your behalf.

If you have reason to believe your debtor has absconded, we can utilise a number of internal and external tools to locate your debtor’s whereabouts.

This service is carried out on a NO TRACE – NO FEE basis.

Tracing a debtor is particularly appropriate with older debts as these debtors can often have moved or have a different company.

At the start of any commercial relationship it is important to establish exactly the type of legal entity you are trading with to allow you to make informed business decisions and help ensure you get paid on time. This helps to keep your cashflow healthy and will reduce the time you spend chasing for payment.

The best way to obtain all the relevant information is to ask your customer or client to complete a Credit Application Form. You can use the information supplied by your client to make a credit risk assessment using

Credit information reports
Bank references
Trade references

We look at the latest data available and will email you a report on any limited company from the very affordable price of £4.95.

Request a call back

What our clients say...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
John Doe